I introduce to you THE Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Bates.

Monday, December 8, 2008

On the Fifth Day of Christmas, my True Love Gave to me...

Five Golden Rings! Ok, maybe not five, but three rings will be purchased very soon! Aaron and I went shopping for our rings this week. Aaron's wedding ring is, well, very Aaron. It is techy and unique. I can't imagine him with anything else. It is made of tungsten and carbon fiber. We will have to it sized and special ordered because tungsten cannot be resized. They say it is unbreakable. I'm hoping this is good symbolism. Here is a picture of his ring. What do you think?

My ring is a simple row of round diamonds. We decided that it looks better with one on each side. I really like the look. I plan on getting all three soldered together. I tried them on like that and I think it's going to be beautiful! Here is the ring. I hope you like it!

We plan on ordering them in the next week or so. Aaron got a $100 coupon from Helzberg's, so that will help! I'm really EXCITED!!!
Well, we are also beginning another month full of weddings. This month includes Steve and Kathleen's wedding on the 13th. Aaron will be the DJ that night in the big STL!! Phil and Jessi's wedding is on the 20th in Dallas. I almost didn't get off work, so I'm so grateful I will be able to make that one as well! I haven't got to here much about the wedding plans. I'm really looking forward to all the surprises. I know it will be lovely!
I also will be glad when this month is over. Lots of overtime and long road trips! I'm ready to have some free time and work some more on planning of my own. That's the plan anyway at the start of the new year! I had a dream last night that it was my wedding day and I hadn't written my vows, my dress wasn't ready, and our rings hadn't been ordered. Not a good dream! I plan on getting really busy with all that really soon! Especially writing the vows. I'm looking forward to that. Do any of you have any tips or ideas? I would appreciate any creative things that come to your mind. I really want to make them special and unique for us. Aaron means so much to me and that's hard to put into words.
Well, finals week is coming up and I have a big project due for that. I will be busy with that the next little while as well. I better get to it! Love you all. Until later!

-Krissy

4 comments:

julie said...

Oh Krissy: Aaron's ring is....you're right....Aaron--so techy! And of course, I love the wedding bands you picked out for your ring! (wink! wink!)
Have a fun time at Scuba Steve's wedding, and then we'll see you next Fri night! Love ya--Julie B.

Lindsay Dunning said...

Bling Bling!! Love it.

Jessi Jewell said...

Hey! The rings are awesome! Don't worry about your vows. I know you will write something beautiful! Just write how you feel. You are an excellent writer. Can't wait! Love ya, Jessi

Kathleen :) said...

It was so fun having you two at the wedding! Thanks so much for making our reception so hoppin'! :) Steve also has a tungsten ring and loves it! It doesn't scratch, but it is breakable. Steve had a friend that held it over his head and dropped it onto the floor and it broke into three pieces, so we learned our lesson from him! Haha! :) Your ring is gorgeous by the way! Hope to see you both soon!