I introduce to you THE Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Bates.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fireworks!!!


Ok, I was digging through some of my stuff trying to come up with a creative new idea for a fun entry and I found my journal entry that I wrote a few days after Aaron and I got engaged.
-Well it happened! Yeah! Fourth of July may be my new favorite holiday. Aaron and I went to Mom and Dad's for the 4th of July. I worked the night before so we got there around 2pm. We took the boat out that afternoon and drove the boat around. It was very nice and relaxing. Then Dad said he had to go to Lake Valley to help shoot off fireworks. So, around dusk we took Dad back to the dock, then, all of a sudden, Mom said she was going to go too. That's when I began to get a little suspicious, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. So we took the boat (just Aaron and I) back out to see the fireworks out by Lake Valley. It was beautiful! There were fireworks around, 360 degrees. Also, there were boats all around with their lights on. Truly magical! Aaron had put on a CD of all our favorite red dirt songs and we were snuggling in front of the boat under beach towels. Then as the fireworks were coming to an end, Aaron got up and went and changed the CD to "Constantly" by Ragweed then he skipped the CD over to our song "A Matter of Time" by Randy Rogers. Then Aaron started fumbling with something. The next thing I knew Aaron was down on one knee and he had out the ring and handed me a teddy bear dressed in a tux. He then asked, "Will you marry me?" and then told me to squeeze the paw on the bear, it said "So, will you?" I started bawling and laid my head on his shoulder for a moment. Then I rose my head up and said, "Yes!" Aaron put the ring on my shaking left hand. Then he brought me to the back of the boat by the ice box and ski holder in the bottom of the boat. Mom had hidden a bunch of things there earlier that day. There was a purple lilac tablecloth, Marco Negri wine, wine glasses, Triscuits, port wine cheese, and a wedding planner from Julie and Brad and a brown bag with "Bride" and cards from everyone in our families.
That day was so wonderful! I can not imagine a more perfect moment. It involved our family and so many special things that we enjoy together (music, the lake, etc.). He sure got me! I still can't believe how I completely lost all composure. This is when all the wedding plans began and I will be forever grateful for my wedding planner books from Amanda and the Bates'. Thank you, you have no idea how much they've helped!!! Love you all! Until later.

-Krissy

3 comments:

julie said...

Krissy: I'm so glad you're doing this! It'll help us keep up with you two, because...you're both so busy, I feel like we hardly have time to talk sometimes, so this is good! We love you Krissy, and are excited abt the future for you and Aaron! Love, Julie (the MOTHER-in law)! P.S. Yes, Aaron the Geek...and he is so proud of it! HA!

Lindsay Dunning said...

Yay! Blogging is fun. Yay! Goosebumps at work!

Unknown said...

Krissy, I love this. I am so excited to have you in this family. You know how important family is to me--I apologize that I have been so busy lately that I haven't seen much of you & Aaron. You are such a great addition to this family. Our family has been so blest this year--you, JR and Jessi and of course Alli-Rob. I'm so excited for you and Aaron. Our family just keeps growing. I truly hope to see more of all of you after the 1st of the year although I realize how busy you will be with the wedding plans. Any way, welcome to the family--you picked a great one with the Bates family (a little strange at times, but that's how we love them--ha!ha!--just kidding). Love you bunches--your future Aunt Jill